* St. Matt!
* Tiffany Emerick – librarian extraordinaire – who had my book on GoodReads within minutes of hearing the news. Thank you for accompanying me to a zillion book events over the past few years and telling me after each one That’s going to be you some day.
* Emily Hainsworth – For… everything: wearing your lucky shamrock pj’s, dog grooming whilst listening to me chatterbox, and the daily refrains of I can’t wait until you’re an Apocalypsie too.
* And to the Apocalypsies for being so welcoming.
* Team Sparkle for always filling my inbox full of ~*~’s and !!!’s
* Always, always to Joe Monti – the maker of dreams-come-true. Thank you for not putting me in time out for asking Can I announce yet? twelve million and two times.
* … finally, to the Schmidtlets for being ever-ready to participate in celebration dance parties, and for taking an hour-long nap so I had time to write this.
The SCBWI winter conference was last week in New York. I was there, as were fellow Team Sparklers: Susan Adrian, Emily Hainsworth and Victoria Schwab… and more than a thousand other writer-people.
It was wonderful.
Just ask Susan:
Or Nova Ren Suma, who we dragged away from her deadline to come conferencing with us.
In fact, because they’ve already done a fabulous job summarizing and describing all the wonderful people, books, laughter, wisdom, and hijinks we discovered, I don’t feel the need to re-state it. Procrastination WIN! I will just add this:
How to Eat A Cupcake – Team Sparkle Style.
…because it is a widely accepted fact that all the best writing is fueled by sugar.
If you’ve never tried my less-mess sandwich technique, you’re missing out. Run, don’t walk, to the nearest bakery and procure yourself a cupcake.
Then, once the sugar-jitters have faded, sit down and write some sparkly words.
You can thank me later.